Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Interesting Ebay

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Interesting Ebay


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Lansing-altec-vo...QQcmdZViewItem

    Thought someone here might be interested.
    These aren't mine. Located in Michigan.

    Interesting the furniture cabs have been in the homemade cases.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member boltupright's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2003
    Posts
    179
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, a pair of Magnificos in cases, they look like new! I'll watch that one, not that I can bid but I am curious on how much those will end at.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dgwojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    172
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, only an hour north of me, I have them book marked!! Dave.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member gamalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LMAO, 11 bids so far and up to $127, just about enough to get one woof reconed.

    Go for them Dave cause I can't but they sure are sweet.

    Gary

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Interesting Ebay


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Wish you luck Dave. I can't buy any toys right now, it's every thing I can handle to sort through everything I already have.

    So my second hope was someone here would get them.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member dgwojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    172
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I bet these will go for about $1800, that blows my champagne taste with a beer budget!! forums

  7. #7
    Inactive Member boltupright's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2003
    Posts
    179
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    $1625.00

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Interesting Ebay


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Frankly, had the timing been different, I would have jumped at that.

    Recover a few hundred by parting out the odd speaker, and you've got 1300 in a pair of clean well cared for Magnificents.

    Someone in another thraed was bragging he "wasn't close to 6000" fo a pair that weren't even Magnificents. People are getting to just read the Altec label as dollar signs.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member gamalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I really think someone made a terrific score here. A bit suprised Dave didn't show up for the auction but who really knows where it might have gone or what other members budgets dictate at any moment.
    I know I would have been in it if close enough to pick these up myself.

    Think these are truely one of the "Greats" in the grand scheme of all things Altec.

    Gary

  10. #10
    Inactive Member dgwojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    172
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would have jumped on them but I'm out of space, I have another pair of A7's and Model 19's to restore, then some 1204B's for parties!!

    14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.